WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information that they contain and the way in which they use their computer, they may be used to recognise the user. Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer or device and they do not provide references that reveal your personal data.
COOKIES SUBJECT TO REGULATIONS AND EXEMPT COOKIES
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require the informed consent of the user are analytics, advertising and affiliate cookies, while strictly necessary cookies and cookies that are necessary for the website to work or for the provision of the services expressly requested by the user are exempt.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- Depending on the entitythat manages them, there are first-party cookies (those that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided) and third-party cookies (those that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity which processes the data obtained through the cookies).
- According to the time during which they remain active, there are session cookies(designed to collect and store data while the user is visiting a website) and persistent cookies (where the data is stored on the device and can be accessed and processed for a set period of time by the party responsible for the cookie – this can range from a few minutes to several years).
- Depending on the purposefor which the collected information is processed, they can be:
- Strictly necessary cookies(necessary for using the website and providing the contracted service)
- Functionality cookies(these allow the user to access the service with certain predefined characteristics, such as the language, the type of browser, the regional settings, etc.)
- Performance cookies(these collect information about how the website is used)
- Advertising cookies(these collect information about the personal preferences and choices of users)
- Affiliate cookies(these make it possible to track visitors from other websites with whom the website has established an affiliate agreement).
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
The cookies used on our website are session cookies and third-party cookies and they allow us to store and access information about language, the type of browser used and the other general characteristics that are predefined by the user and to track and analyse their activity in order to improve and provide our services in a more efficient and customised way. All cookies used are temporary and their sole purpose is to ensure more seamless browsing. The cookies themselves never provide personal data and they are not used to collect it.
Using cookies offers certain benefits, such as:
- it makes it easier for the user to browse and access the different services offered by this website;
- it makes it unnecessary for the user to configure the general predefined settings every time that they visit the website; and
- it helps to improve performance and the services provided through this website, after the corresponding analysis of the information obtained through the installed cookies.
When you enter our website, you are informed that if you continue to browse various third-party cookies will be installed and, therefore, you are consenting to the installation of certain cookies whose sole purpose is to log your visit to our website so that we can gather anonymous statistics on visits, with the information always collected anonymously. You do not have to agree to the installation of these cookies, you will still be able to browse our entire website.
In various sections of our website, social media cookies may be installed, namely the following:
- Twitter cookie, according to the stipulations of its privacy and cookie use policy.
- Facebook cookie, according to the stipulations of its cookies policy.
- LinkedIn cookie, according to the stipulations on its page about cookie use.
- Google+ and Google Maps cookies, according to the stipulations on its page about the types of cookies it uses.
|_ga||Third-party: Google Analytics||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Third-party: Google Analytics||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Third-party: Google Analytics||1 minute||Used to throttle the request rate.|
|Encrypted PrestaShop cookies||Third-party: PrestaShop – Strictly necessary||Persistent||Allows SESSION variables to be stored on the web server. Necessary for the website to work.|
At any time, you can access you browser’s settings and accept or reject all cookies or select the ones that are allowed/not allowed to be installed, by following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser that you use:
Google Chrome (in the Tools Menu):
Settings > Show advanced settings > Privacy (Content settings) > Cookies: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktopandhl=es
Microsoft Internet Explorer (in the Tools Menu):
Internet options > Privacy > Advanced: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Options > Privacy > Cookies: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
Safari, iPad and iPhone:
Preferences > Privacy: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=es_ES
Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.00/es-ES/cookies.html
These browsers undergo updates and changes, so we cannot guarantee that these are exactly the same as your version of the browser. You may also use another browser not included in these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid any such discrepancies, you can access them directly from your browser’s options, usually in the “Options” menu in the “Privacy” section. (Please refer to your browser’s help menu for further information).
DISABLING/ENABLING AND DELETING COOKIES
You can use your browser’s settings to restrict or block cookies.
If you do not want a website to install any cookies on your computer, you can adjust the browser’s settings so that it notifies you before any cookie is installed. Similarly, you can adjust the settings so that the browser rejects all cookies or only third-party cookies. You can also delete any cookies that are already on your computer. Please note that you will have to adjust the settings of each browser and computer you use separately.
Please note that if you do not want to receive cookies, we will no longer be able to guarantee that our website will work properly. Certain functions of the website may be lost and it is possible that you will no longer be able to view certain websites. Moreover, rejecting cookies does not mean that you will not see any advertisements. It simply means that adverts will no longer be tailored to your interests and they will be repeated more often.
Each browser has a different method for adjusting the settings. If necessary, refer to the browser’s help function to establish the correct settings.
To disable cookies on a mobile telephone, refer to the device’s manual to obtain further information.
You can obtain further information about cookies on the internet:
Bearing in mind the way that the internet and websites work, we do not always have information about the cookies that third parties install through our website. This especially applies in cases where our website contains what are known as embedded elements: text, documents, images or short films that are stored elsewhere, but are shown on or through our website.
Therefore, if you come across this type of cookie on our website and it does not appear on the above list, please let us know. Or contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies that it installs, the purpose and the duration of the cookie and how it has guaranteed your privacy.